Wowza- it’s been a while since I’ve posted! Between my computer getting stolen, my husband’s computer crashing, plus being a new mom I’ve been feeling overwhelmed and unmotivated. But then I realized the next #CDNfoodcreatives collaboration was coming up and it motivated me to get back at it! I love this group of food bloggin’ ladies- they’re such kind and inspiring people, not to mention their food is THE BOMB! So what better way to get back in the groove of blogging than a collaboration with some of my favourite gals 🙂
It’s getting colder by the day, which I’m unashamed to say I looooove. I’m not a hot weather kind of gal. Fall is so my season. It’s just sunny enough to wear light clothes and spend time outside yet cool enough to be comfortable and dry. Plus what’s not to love about pumpkin, root veggies, hot drinks, and comforting spices. And of course- soup! It’s the ultimate fall meal: warm, comforting, and usually packed with nourishing veggies.
For this Fall Soups & Stews Collaboration, I made a flavourful miso soup. The hot miso broth is infused with warming ginger and garlic, then poured over tofu and fresh veggies, then topped with cilantro and green onion. It’s fresh and light, yet warming and filling at the same time. Perfect for early fall when it’s no longer hot outside yet not quite cold 🙂
This soup is super quick to make after work or school to warm you up and fill your belly. Garlic and ginger are both great for boosting immunity, so make this soup when you feel a cold coming on!
Miso Noodle Soup
- 1/2 package of buckwheat soba noodles approx. 180g
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and finely minced
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 6 cups of water
- 6 tablespoons of white miso
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 150 g of enoki mushrooms
- 1 block of medium-firm tofu
- garnish: 2-4 chopped green onions | handful of cilantro chopped
Cook your buckwheat noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
Melt the coconut oil in a soup pot, then add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the water. Put your miso paste in a small bowl and ladle in about a tablespoon of the soup water at a time and stir to loosen up the paste until it's pourable.
Pour the miso and water mixture into the pot and stir. Leave on the heat until the broth is hot.
Place carrots, mushrooms, buckwheat noodles, and tofu- divided evenly- into 4 bowls.
When ready to serve, pour broth into each bowl and top with some green onion and cilantro.
Make sure to check out the soup and stew recipes that the rest of the #CDNfoodcreatives ladies have made- they’re perfect for adding to your fall meal plans!
- Broccoli and Cheddar Soup by Food Mamma
- Roasted Chicken Minestrone Soup by My Kitchen Love
- Lighter Potato Leek Soup by Fuchsia Freezer
- Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup by 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- Cream of Spinach Soup by I Say Nomato
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup with Polenta Croutons by Flavour and Savour
- Creamy Carrot Orange Soup with Cashews by Making Healthy Choices
- Roasted Butternut Squash Ginger Pear Soup by She Loves Biscotti
Grab the FREE guide for the 8 Key Essential Oils I Use Nearly Everyday!
Join The Refreshanista Society and get the latest recipes and remedies!