It’s finally warming up around here and the snow is almost gone. I can’t wait for summer! I don’t leave my house much in the winter. It’s so cold and so much effort to bundle up my baby girl who constantly kicks off her winter boots. I’m dreaming of warm days when I can just put my kiddo in the stroller and walk to the park in the sunshine.
Today I’m sharing a recipe for a delicious and fresh veggie cold noodle bowl that’s perfect for warmer days. I’ve collaborated with 8 other Canadian food bloggers to bring you our best recipes for springtime! I don’t think I’m alone in saying that Spring is super exciting for Canadians. We get brutal winters and the hints of sunshine in the Spring are a relief.
Hot noodles are yummy but I LOVE cold noodles. I’ll eat any noodle dish cold the next day. I find the individual flavours come out even more when chilled. And the dish feels lighter and not so heavy and filling.
I love the freshness of the raw vegetables and the cilantro and the lightness of the rice noodles. This cold noodle bowl is a Spring-y twist on noodles that’s both refreshing and crazy-flavourful with that delicious honey sesame sauce. This is a favourite meal at our house. It’s so easy and quick to throw together and it’s light yet satisfying and so flavourful.
Cilantro and Honey Sesame Cold Noodle Bowl
- 150 grams thin rice noodles approx 1/3 a package
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
Veggies + toppings
- 1/2 cucumber julienned
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/2 block tofu cut into cubes
- 8 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water, set aside.
Stir together sauce ingredients.
Assemble bowls by adding half the noodles, veggies, and tofu in each one. Pour sauce overtop and enjoy! Tastes delicious as leftovers as well.
Don’t forget to check out these lovely springtime recipes from my Canadian blogger friends!
- Green Pea Salad by A Pretty Life Blog
- Cheesy Leftover Cranberry Sauce Cookies by The Cookie Writer
- Honey Sesame Chicken Stirfry by 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- Easy Marsala Wine Cooked Spring Carrots by She Loves Biscotti
- No Crust Asparagus Quiche by CulturEatz
- Rose Water Sugar Cookies by Tiny Sweet Tooth
- Vegetarian Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Killing Thyme
- Cilantro and Honey Sesame Cold Noodle Bowl by The Refreshanista
- Quinoa Spring Market Salad by Sugar Love Spices
Grab the FREE guide for the 8 Key Essential Oils I Use Nearly Everyday!
Join The Refreshanista Society and get the latest recipes and remedies!